Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
from UN Children’s Fund
Key Expected Results
- Support and contribute to effective and strategic coordination of support to Country Offices undertaking humanitarian action. Provide dedicated support to the preparation, documentation and follow-up of emergency management mechanism within the RO including Emergency Management Team, Humanitarian Action Team and other mechanism as required.
- Support the preparation of all regional reports, advocacy materials, briefing notes, budget reviews, regional analyses, and regional office work planning exercises.
- Support resource mobilization for humanitarian action by consolidating information on various humanitarian contexts, priority humanitarian needs, UNICEF and partners’ ongoing response and priority resource needs and develop clear communication products for internal and external dissemination.
- Undertake analysis of key risks and monitor emerging humanitarian trends and potential socio-political instability in the region. Support triggering of early action in response to early warning information and support Country Offices in undertaking enhanced preparedness actions. Ensure UNICEF representation in key technical-level inter-agency for a related to emergency preparedness and response. Support management engagement with high-level mechanisms by ensuring appropriate analysis is available.
- Support country specific, regional and inter-agency preparedness processes by tracking progress, providing support to implementation of key actions and engagement with inter-agency processes at the regional level.
- Support quality assurance and monitoring of preparedness and humanitarian response planning and implementation including analysis of humanitarian performance monitoring data and situation reports.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University degree in International Relations, Public Administration/Public Policy, Humanitarian Affairs, Development, Social Sciences, or a related technical field.
- Five years professional work experience at national and international levels in humanitarian response. Preferred experience in preparedness, complex emergencies, including experience in early recovery in the East and southern Africa region.
- Excellent written reporting skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, and another UN language as a strong asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
- Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
- Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
- Demonstrates, applies and shares expert technical knowledge across the organization.
How to apply:
Application deadline:6 October 2017
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line:“Temporary Appointment: Emergency Specialist, P-3”.
Applications must include:
• Cover letter • CV • P-11 form (available at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc)
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507152