• Establish structures, reporting lines and appropriate authorities and responsibilities for the regional finance staff to ensure compliance to ICRAF policies and laws of the host countries and safeguard the centre assets.
• Within the overall Internal Control Framework of ICRAF, design and implement procedures
and processes to strengthen internal controls in the regional office.
• Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to the Regional
Coordinator and the Head of Finance.
• Lead budget preparation process by providing instructions and guidance in the formulation of
resource allocation in the region. Perform quarterly budget analysis and report to the Regional Coordinator on expenditure trends, projected budget overruns and recommend corrective measures where necessary.
• Monitor and prepare the ICRAF-ESAf Regional annual budgets as per ICRAF POWB and manage budget updates as required.
• Support the development of project proposals and concept notes as per the ICRAF full costing policy
Manage the regions’ monthly closing and annual finalization process as per the ICRAF cut-off dates and ensure timely submission of monthly reconciliations, fixed assets movements.
• Review and post all monthly project imprest reports received from the ICRAF-ESAf
• Prepare and analyse project financial reports as per the grant agreement and monitor the funding receipts with continued advisory to project managers
• Supervise the finance team in the region and ensure smooth and accurate flow of data and information to and from ICRAF HQ and the nodes/Country Offices.
• Manage and maintain the OCS for the region, fixed assets database and the online financial statements.
• Review and archive all documents received from the region’s node/country offices and avail these upon request by donors, auditors and HQ.
• Administrator the Regions’ project funds, monitor the nodes/country offices petty cash disbursements and perform surprise cash counts.
• Management of advances to Associate Institutions, Collaborators/partners and staff personal accounts as per ICRAF Policy.
• Maintain the supplier’s cycle and procurement process for the region as per ICRAF policy.
• Liaise and consult with the Financial Services Unit at ICRAF headquarters in Nairobi on all financial and budget related matters.
• Maintain an accurate fixed asset register for the region.
• Train and build a high-performance finance team in the Region.