Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
To deliver key corporate strategies, provide strategic financial & business advice in addition to managing financial reporting, budgeting, prudent management and investment of resources of the business whilst keeping an oversight and reporting of the implementation of strategy across the business.
Develop strategic plans to respond to business needs and aspirations with particular focus on growth and setting the parameters for service delivery, developing productive relationship with external market, promoting a culture of improvement, robust financial control, value for money and effective performance management.
- Influence and reshape the services, promoting a culture of improvement and robust financial control, value for money and effective performance management.
- Contribute to development and delivery of strategic plans and policies that respond appropriately to business needs, aspirations and transformation agenda.
- Lead the strategic contract management of corporate service delivery units and contracts – managing relationships with delivery units and contractors.
- Support the delivery units in developing and delivering comprehensive, rigorous annual service and financial planning cycles to agreed standards.
- Leads in the development of a financial plan that corresponds with the strategic timeframe for purposes of guiding the business operations on an annual basis.
- Involved in the formulation of strategy from a financial perspective and is also overall responsible for running with the strategy, performance reporting and liaison with the project team so as to provide insights to the Strategy & Planning Committee of the board into the performance of the business against strategy.
- Manages the financial resources of the business so as to ensure the business has adequate funds for daily use and in accordance with the annual financial plan.
- Ensures that the business meets its statutory (KRA) and regulatory (SASRA) compliance requirements in a timely manner so as to avoid penalties and sanctions.
- Responsible for day to day financial reporting which guides management decision making processes and provides the necessary business performance matrices to the board.
Qualification and Skills
- Master’s degree in Business related field (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Strategy, Operations Management or Management Information Systems).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other related field.
- 8 years of experience in a management position in a Finance function with the immediate last five years being a finance manager in a reputable organization.
- Exposure in development, implementation and monitoring of Corporate Strategic Plans.
- Experience in leading and managing teams and facilities operations within a diverse, division-based entity.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing will be an added advantage.
- Membership to any other relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints.
- Drive for results and achievement.
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self-starter.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and ability to persuade people.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and an effective communicator at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work well with financial reporting systems.
- Strong management and supervision skills with ability to supervise a diverse group.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications and updated Curriculum Vitae (MS Word Format) via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before Wednesday 20th September 2017.
NOTICE: Unaitas is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are cautioned against canvassing. Application process is FREE of charge. Beware of fraudsters.